Thursday, August 26, 2004

John 15:9-11
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."

John 16:24
" until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

Got Joy? Are you in God's love?

Isn't life great? I woke up this morning thanking Jesus Christ for one more day, one more battle. I fight in a battle that is already won. Its a burdenless battle until the fighter himself doesn't stay within his own ranks (aka God's love). Who would do such a thing? Who would leave certain security? Why would anyone be prideful enough to think that they are capable of waking up.. getting dressed.. planning your day.. putting your "game face" without first lifting your fists towards Jesus Christ proclaiming His glory and his sovereignty over your life. How can anyone pursue anything without putting God first? Lets look at some imagery real quick. Each day is going to be a paper cup. Satan, the Prince of this world, is going to be rice. God is going to be ping pong balls. In order to truly put God first, one must put the ping pong balls into the cup first.. let them hit the bottom, "roots" of your life if you will. If you decided to skip out on God, how are you going to fit Him in later when the rice has overtaken you? You Cannot. You are a simple human destine for failure. You will break God's heart today. Does that break yours?

1John 2:6
"Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did" where have your feet taken you?

Revelation 3:15-16
"I know your deeds, that you are neither hot or cold. I wish were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot or cold- I am about to spit you out of my mouth"


Philippians 2
" If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose."

Make my joy complete brothers and sisters. Be like Christ. Make disciples of all the nations.

~food for thought~
if every Christian were to make two disciples right now... spend 6 months with two people and just totally pour into their lives, where would the world be today? the discipleship chain would be unbounded to infinity. God's glory would be spread to all. He calls us to perfection, and we drop the ball.

~Forever Forward~



No comments: