Saturday, January 15, 2005

Headed to College Station tomorrow! Finally! I'm driving back as well so no more borrowing the exploder. The Christmas break has been just that, a break. I ran, swam, biked, read, and played computer games very consistently. That is a very good summary of my month off. Every day I would be a mixture of those things, which was awesome.

I finished A Longing for Holiness by Wesley. Very sweet book.
update:: I am still a freakin sinner!
my plan was to be sinless this break but.. ya know as always that plan doesn't work out too well.

So let me tell you about something that matters.
My walk this break had its ups and downs but man in the midst of a down God totally reconciled myself back to Him, and brothas and sistas it swept me away. So I was doing one of my consistent events and pondering on what I had been reading and learning about when God just kinda gives me some sweet information. Man you gotta love when that happens--very cool. It felt like I was a freakin brand spankin new CPU installing the newest and hottest first person shooter game of all time on the first day of release! .... well it was just really cool.

But, this data installation, if you will, was the same message I have heard all of my Christian walk.

God said, "Ryan you know how to live, I've taken care of that with my new convenant. My Counselor is within you. Now live free from the bonds of sin, Go."

So I'm like cool... so what makes this special is that the definition of those words have been defined in a spiritual sense. Words with heavenly meaning have no meaning unless heavenly knowledge is given. God also told me that he would more than love to fill my head full of every bit of heavenly knowledge possible, but it will require myself to truly live because understanding how to truly live is found on a daily basis from the heavenly knowledge God provides.

So how can i truly live to the fullest every second of my life?
Seek heavenly knowledge on what truly living is.
Whats cool is that only God knows how your life can be lived to the fullest because He is the only one who knows your future plans of prosperity and significance.


I cannot live and not suffer, because when I suffer for the cause of Christ I truly live. I cannot live and consider myself capable of producing significance, because if I claim all significance in Christ I realize there is nothing significant about myself and on about Him. Php 1:21 "To live is Christ, to die i gain"

Christ is the Spring of life that must quench every desire. It is the only thing that will satisfy your soul. Seeking satisfaction from the world will only harden your heart towards God and possibly transform yourself into an enemy of God.

Matthew 6:24“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

In order to live and never thirst again; in order to live and reject the thought of gathering and filling cisterns in order to satisfy thirst, we must drink, feed, be nourished by the source, the flow, the rush found in a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ that is in continuous, flesh aching battle with the Prince of the Earth.

"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
Genesis 4:6-7

When sin is welcomed by man's free will, not only are they separated from God until repentance, but they are transformed into a "sin magnet" if you will. Sin crouches outside of your door. You have no choice but to open the door and either master the next specialized temptation that Satan has specifically prepared for you to stumble on, or be mastered and live in darkness as a captive to sin.

John 3:19-20
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed

1John 1:5-10
5This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.


Ephesians 5:8-4:

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10and find out what pleases the Lord. 11Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, 14for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you

well now I think I'm gunna get to bed... get up early and go to school!

Forever Forward.













No comments: