Sunday, November 09, 2003

Lamentations has been hitting me all freggin weekend. Jeremiah must have really been a pimp for God to be able to express his emotions so vividly. Its as though he targets his words to my young frivolous generation who ale for Jesus but don't seek church. His mentorship is that of a wise elder hoping to enlighten a nieve youth of life and its trivias. At the peak of Jeremiah's message, at the pinnacle of his emotions, he exclaims "Great is thy faithfulness" (3:23). When i read this, i picture a southern baptist preacher screaming at the top of his lungs across the pulpit... Jeremiah is screaming at heart with joy that his awesome savior hath not forsaken and wilt not. His peaking message states " Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. " (Lam 3:22-23).

Every morning i wake, thank god because it says every morning his compassions change. In order for me to seek them i gotta get on da phone and ask for directions...

"The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young." (Lam 3:25-27)

Quietly waiting could take many interpretations. My own quietness at the present time consists of leading a life unattached from bonds that would bound my experiences to a certain group or person. Creating many aquaintances in which i am able to share my testimony and allowing myself to utilize the God given talents within myself such as the ablility to reach out towards others and serve as a mentor are both ways God has used my vessel as a life saving medium since high school. I can only pray that I continue to remain spiritually fit in order to be capable to build those relationships through christ and christ alone.

God calls me to worship him daily throughout the bible.. but as shaun said it doesn't talk anywhere about singing. It talks about outreach, studying his word, keeping my personal relationship with christ at a strong distance. (When i refer to it as a strong distance i imply that the work required to input space between the relationship is great, but on the same tangent, the work required to reach Rightousness is considerably harder. God challenges faith so we can express our true devotion towards him. God is jealous, he wants EVERYTHING!!!!! ) I am addicited to contemporary music worship, i must admit. The word is sumth'in i need to dig into, and will start to!
yiiiipeeee time for bed now.


No comments: